Special Packing for Special Belongings
It is important to us to see that your goods arrive at their destination in as pristine condition as possible, so we take more than usual care when we pack your goods. Often, this means packing within packing, and then placing the wrapped goods in further packing!
This particularly applies to antique furniture, works of art, mirrors, glassware and delicate ornaments. Upholstered furniture, too, is given special treatment and individually wrapped for the long journey. No surfaces are left exposed.
Packing your belongings:
- Glassware and other breakables are carefully wrapped and particularly delicate items are packed in bubble-wrap.
- Specially designed and constructed cartons are used for books and records.
- We have special ‘Wardrobe’ cartons to ensure that your clothing arrives at your new home looking as though you had never moved.
- For moves to another town, each package is identified and carefully numbered, then listed on an inventory form.
- Furniture loaded onto the vehicle is wrapped in quilted blankets. All upholstered furniture and mattresses are covered in plastic prior to loading.
- Paintings are carefully packed in their own cardboard sleeves.